Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Unbiased blog

If you follow environmental news, you know it is difficult (impossible) to find unbiased news sources. For example, I like to follow http://ens-newswire.com/, but they have a definite agenda that is more political than scientific. The same is true of every news source I've found, including NASA, EPA, and others.

My approach to environmental issues is to focus on facts and science, and then apply ethics to come up with appropriate policies and strategies. It's critical to distinguish between the two. That way, biases can be more easily identified (nothing wrong with bias so long as it's admitted), and readers can clearly distinguish between facts and science on one hand, and ethical approaches on the other. 
Sadly, in all the years I've been focusing on environmental issues, I haven't found any sources that take this approach. The book "Break Through" by Ted Nordhaus and Michael Shellenberger comes close, and I recommend that one. But they leave many issues unaddressed, and any book is limited to its contents. 

If anyone knows of a source that takes the approach I've described, I'd like to know about it.

Because I haven't found any such sources or blogs or book or media, I'm starting my own. I write multiple comments about environmental issues every day and now I'm going to archive them. Instead of cluttering my other blogs, my archive will be here at http://theenvironmentbook.blogspot.com/

I invite comments and discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment